Sunday, January 4, 2015

Not Your Mom's Blog

It's a New Year

It's officially 2015, and I started the first day of the year like anyone else...slightly hungover, yet strangely motivated to work out. I made a list of resolutions, as I do every year, and I would love to keep them (again, like I would every year). The only problem is that every year, I start out with good intentions on keeping my resolutions, but a few weeks later, I'm back to my old habits. 

It's not like any of my old habits were bad or anything. I'm not a crack addict, I don't pick my nose, or swear in front of children. It's just every year, I have this romantic vision of the new year being this grand rebirth and a year full of bliss. Pretty much like a music video full slow motion, color-washed sequences of me having fun and doing cool things, like paragliding and surfing. 

This year, I would like to be able to reflect on my past year and have it look like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. So I thought I would keep a journal. Nay, even better, a blog. Plus, I feel like a blog is open to the public, thus keeping me true to my resolutions. And I'm not talking about the type of blog where I'm Betty Housekeeper and I tell you how to sew a cocktail dress out of a t-shirt or make souffle, because a.) I can barely use my sewing machine, b.) I prefer root beer floats to souffle, and c.) I'm not the perfect little housewife type. 

So here it is: I want to take more pictures/videos this year, I want to be more outgoing, volunteer more, go on more adventures, make a home with my the love of my life, be a better friend, get better at playing guitar, uhhhh, I think that's it.

Overall, I want to make this my year.

So. Here. We. Go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment