Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The "Treat Yo Self" Gift Jar

DIY "Treat Yo Self" Gift Jar


The good part of this massive polar chill extending over the country is that there is no school because it is literally too cold outside. The good news about having no school, I don't have to go to work :) Yeah! One of the perks of the few perks (and when I say few, I mean the very very few) of working in education. 

So between doing work, applying for teaching positions, and watching Parks and Recreation, I decided to post my "Treat Yo Self" Gift Jar. For those of you who don't watch  the show Parks and Recreation, you could just call it Spa Gift Jar. But seriously, Parks and Rec is a great show and you should consider watching it. 


Anyway, so here is a great gift in the range of $10-$20 (depending on the items you put in the jar) for a friend, co-worker, mother-in-law, mother, bride-to-be, aunt, sister, etc. And it is really cute and easy and customize-able to any event/person/budget/etc.


Here is what it looks like: 
  

And here are the contents with their respective prices:
Note: Everything was purchased at Target. The pink shower scrubie, bodycology lotion, body spray, and body soap were a gift package that was on clearance. The candle was also on clearance. Whoop Whoop!
The total cost of all of these items was $13.08 before sales tax. I bought the jar for $3.00 in the bargain section of Target. Side note: the bargain section of Target is literally my favorite thing in the whole world (Parks and Rec fans, that was a little Chris Tregger impression for you!) I finished the whole thing off with a little twine bow, and ta-da!

Another sweet deal I found in the bargain section of Target was this giant heart envelope for only $1: 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but Valentine's Day and my 4 year anniversary with Patrick is coming up.... hmmmm, oh the possibilities!

Adios everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment